Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter Views - Pinchot Forest, S. Asheville

I was born and raised in Santa Barbara, CA. I never heard of the term "winter views" until my wife and I started looking to relocate to Asheville in 2005.

In the Blue Ridge Mountains, each season has its delight. Spring brings waves of new growth and wild flowers. Summer has its long warm lazy evenings with fireflies and cicadas. Fall has the brilliant color of the changing foliage. And in Winter, after the leaves have fallen, opens up the long vistas that were previously obscured by the vegetation.

From Pinchot Forest, there are many handsome views (in all seasons) but this one is one of my favorites, since the road winding down the mountain creates a clearing in trees.



Winter Views - 14 x 18 inches, Acrylic on Canvas

1 comment:

Scott Boyle said...

Hi Brennen, welcome to North Carolina. I also have been enjoying the snow. Maybe we can paint together sometime.

Scott Boyle